Shaffer • Baucom Engineering & Consulting is an established and respected Lakewood-based engineering firm. Located just west of Denver, SBEC is always looking for new team members! If you’re a hardworking, critical thinker and want to team with people who care about what they do, find out how SBEC can help you reach your goals. Our Principals have worked in the Denver area for over 35 years and have a strong return client base. Our firm genuinely values its employees and clients, and our teams work well together. We’re different because we want to help our employees succeed professionally and personally by making them a priority. Employee education, training, mentoring and retention are an important part of SBEC’s mission, which allows us to deliver superior client service.
We work a 4.5 day work week, which allows our employees to enjoy a positive balance between career and family life, and we offer competitive salaries, full major medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and a great working environment! As a team member, you’ll receive vacation days and personal holidays to use as you choose. Relax, travel, spend some time with family – it’s really up to you.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team, please send your resume to Ellie Dugle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking one (1) Senior Electrical Engineer Level V/Project Manager to join our team. Has successfully and consistently performed at a high level of proficiency as a Level IV engineer for a period of not less than seven (7) years, must be a licensed registered Professional Engineer in the state of where the employee works.
Must be competent as a Electrical Engineer Level IV, as well as the following additional responsibilities:
- Perform all engineering functions autonomously
- Self sufficient project engineer, and project manager when required
- Establish project schedule and production with assistance of a project manager if other than self. Responsible for project schedule.
- Generates fee proposals
- Responsible for keeping projects on budget and demonstrate profitability on a consistent basis
- Comprehensive engineering knowledge of power, lighting, tele/com/data integration and fire alarm
- Develop and maintain client relationships and contacts
- Able to be a rain maker.
- Must be successful at business development
- Meeting and managing deadlines
- Review all documents and deliverables for accuracy and quality, including letters, reports, etc.
- Provide leadership
- Promote company in a positive manner the and advocate on the company’s behalf to all members of the department
- Actively participate and successfully deliver new business development, including assisting the Director of Marketing in developing POQ’s and attendance at project interviews.
- Maintain QA/QC
- Mentor all Level I, II, and III Engineers as well as Designers/CAD staff
- Develop and maintain on-going education activities
- Actively involved and staying current in all aspects of consulting engineering, including but not limited to: design, code, emerging technologies, industry trends, liabilities, standard of care, registration and licensing
- Assist and contribute to the company’s goals, policies and overall well being of the company
- Contribute to in-house training/education efforts
Seeking one (1) Electrical Engineer Level III to join our team. Has successfully and consistently performed at a high level of proficiency as a Level II engineer for a period of not less than five years, must be licensed or pursuing registration for Professional Engineer in the state of where the employee works. Has become highly technically proficient in at least one specialty area, e.g. data integration, etc.
Must be accomplished and be competent as a Electrical Engineer Level II, as well as the following additional responsibilities:
- Perform all engineering functions autonomously
- Operates as project engineer, which is defined as managing medium to large size projects, with other reporting to this person. Functions as the secondary project
manager when required to lead the electrical project team and coordinate with the primary project manager.
- Prepare fee proposals with the support of the Principal in charge.
- Provide leadership to all staff members
- Actively participate and pursue business development
- Self sufficient project engineer, develops systems diagrams, writes project narratives in early project development
- Establish project schedule and production with assistance of the primary project manager
- Obtain fee budget from Office Manager/Accounting
- Responsible for keeping on budget and demonstrate profitability on a consistent basis
- Comprehensive engineering knowledge of power, lighting, tele/com/data integration and fire protection systems
- Comprehensive knowledge principles of grounding systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic fire alarm protection systems
- Develops and maintains client relationships and contacts
- Generates failure analysis studies and point of failure for redundant systems
- High level of proficiency level of data/telecom integration, including writing specification of materials, components, network architecture and emerging technologies of automation systems etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of specialty fire protection systems, including pre-action controls systems, ultra low density particle detection, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of power quality, including harmonics
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of emergency power systems and UPS systems
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of lightning protection systems
- Complete coordination studies
- Preferable background in design for healthcare, higher education, bio-pharma, industrial project types.
- RCDD and IT/AV design background a plus.
- Assume responsibility for improving the profitability of the company from innovation of operational practices, e.g. automation of repetitive task without loss of quality of
purpose of task
- Demonstrate on a regular and consistent basis to the principals and senior management a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and improve the
company as a whole
- Offering ideas and willing to participate and get involved, e.g. not just show up and do the minimum
- Contributes to in-house training/education efforts
Seeking one (1) Electrical Engineer Level II with 8+ years of experience to join our team. Must have passed the F.E. (EIT) test in the state where the employee works. High level of proficiency of technical writing skills for reports and basic systems descriptions. The following are position responsibilities and skills including but not limited to:
- Basic selection of equipment, applications, paramers, etc.
- Layout mechanical rooms
- Creating 3-D systems layout, accounting for all other trades and disciplines
- Anticipate preliminary loads and system sizing
- Generate redlines without the direct assistance of a senior engineer
- Generate details, schedules and legends based on project scope with little direction
- Have a basic understanding of electrical control logic, able to generate control logic wiring diagrams with direction from a senior engineer
- Understands the basic operating principles of grounding systems
- Basic working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Basic working knowledge of fire alarm protection systems
- Mentor and help Level I engineers and designers
- Develop an understanding and interest in the business aspects of consulting engineering
- Self-sufficient in establishing priorities and determining how to meet deadlines
- Developed writing skills to complete observation reports, and other construction administration assignments/tasks
- Perform lighting (photometric) calculations
- Thorough working knowledge of equipment performance and selection practices for most major equipment, switchgear, transformers, motor control centers, panels and building service entrances
- Perform day lighting studies
- Basic working knowledge of low voltage systems, including but not limited to nurse call, intercom, security, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of power study software, such as ETAP, Dapper-Captor or equal
- Basic understanding of emergency power systems, lightning protection systems and UPS systems
- Aerospace, Healthcare, Higher Ed and K-12 experience is a plus
Seeking one (1) Mechanical Engineer with 8+ years of experience to join our team.
Applicant must have a 4-year degree, PE license and a valid driver’s license. Aerospace, Healthcare, Higher Ed and K-12 experience is a plus.