SBEC has provided many engineering services for the Colorado Department of Health Services Ft. Logan campus for nearly 10 years.
As the prime consultant, SBEC provided mechanical and electrical engineering design for the HVAC replacement for the Colorado Department of Health Services.
SBEC surveyed, documented and designed the replacements for existing steam boilers, piping, auxiliary equipment, condensate of heat plant system, water softener (laundry), north wall and roof at boiler stack.
Additional scope included:
- Electrical power modifications to accommodate new steam generator and condensate life station
- Provided new power panel to replace existing outdated panel
- Provided boiler emergency power OFF (EPO) switches for new steam generator
- Electrical power for central steam generation plant
- Replacement of aging obsolete with new energy efficient luminaires
- Replacement of existing decommissioned steam boiler on north side of heat plant with a new 300 BHP steam generator
- Connection of utilities to new steam generator including steam, boiler feedwater, gas, fuel oil, and compressed air
- New condensate lift station and associated accessories to replace existing
- New exterior vault for steam powered condensate pump
- New Siemens DDC temperature control system for monitoring of heat plant systems including new steam generator
- Repair of the existing controls for the existing and new steam generators
- Replacement of existing, deteriorating steam condensate piping
- New liquid/condensate mover system
- Replacement of existing water softener in laundry
- Addition of alternate to replace two existing 30 cu ft. laundry water softeners