SBEC is provided mechanical and electrical engineering and design services for the new 100,000 square-foot Elm Street Residence and Dining Hall facility. The 200-bed residence hall began design in early 2013 and is planned on the southern half of the block bound by Elm Street, 18th Street, 17th Street and Maple Street in Golden, Colorado. The 500-seat dining hall will be directly off Maple Street.
- Neighborhood Typology Design (singles and doubles with various community style bathrooms on the floors)
- Community kitchen on every floor
- Laundry room on every floor
- Social lounge on every floor
- Various study and community spaces throughout the building
- Indoor bike and ski storage room
- Outdoor barbecue and gathering spaces
This project is the 2nd phase of a 15-year-plan to increase capacity in the Colorado School of Mines housing system. The hall will provide centralized Housing, Dining, and Blastercard Office for the Mines community and reflect the character of the campus and building architecture that is sympathetic to surrounding structures and landscapes with orientation that takes advantage of the views.
Project delivered via CM/GC.