SBEC relocated existing roof top HVAC units from original roof level to new roof level and additional roof top units were added to serve the new floors. With temporary duct work and proper design phasing, the building remained operational during construction. Piping and mechanical utilities were extended from the original building systems which were designed to accommodate the new floors.
SBEC’s mechanical scope of work included:
- Addition of two floors of medical offices to an existing three story building
- Seven different doctor’s offices contained exam and procedure rooms for a variety of physicians
- Nurse core areas included nurse station, clean & soiled utility rooms etc.
- Lower floors of building remained in operation during construction
SBEC’s electrical scope of work included:
- New 480/277V and 208/120V distribution systems
- Design of lightning systems for offices, exam rooms, waiting rooms, procedure rooms
- New electrical service for new fire pump
- Designed Pathways for telephone/data cabling including telecommunications closets
- Extended Notifier addressable fire alarm system to cover new floors
- Extended monitoring of fire pump status to main hospital PBX
- New duct detectors for air handling units and fire/smoke dampers