SBEC is the mechanical and electrical Engineer of Record for this project, which was a collaboration between Hutton Architecture Studio (now Cunningham Group) and Alan Ford Architects. The project consisted of a 2-story 21,000 GSF addition to the existing classroom wing, including eight new classrooms, associated support and circulation space and a gymnasium addition with an allowance for a future locker/changing room addition.
Mechanical and electrical engineering design support for the project consisted of the following scope of work:
- Packaged gas-fired rooftop air handling units
- Expansion of existing fire sprinkler system serving the two-story classroom wing to serve the entire building, including the new additions
- Electrical system design, including lighting and power for the new addition
- Extension of existing low-voltage systems design, including fire alarm, intercom and data/communications outlets.
- Addition of a roof mounted exhaust fan, associated ductwork and controls over Classroom 202
- Addition of conduit for ceiling mounted projector at each voice / data jack in each classroom
- Interior and exterior lighting including gymnasium
- Power and data design for computers and data server
- Power for wireless network antennae on each floor
- Worked with Owner to resolve water pressure issues