SBEC was selected to assist Synthes – a leading global medical device company – with the renovation of a Class 10,000 (ISO 7) clean room and adjacent Class 100,000 (ISO 8) gowning room located in the 61,800 GSF biomedical manufacturer’s facility.
Specific scope of work consisted of:
- Outdoor custom packaged HVAC unit with DX cooling, electric reheat, outdoor air intake and two- stage pre-filtration
- Dynamic room pressure control to insure the correct pressure relationship is maintained
- Low wall returns throughout for improved airflow patterns and maintaining the cleanliness of space
- Overhead ceiling electrical power raceway grid system for flexibility and clean dry compressed air(CDA) connections for equipment hook-up
- Electric steam generator using RO water from the building RO system provides the humidification
Additionally, SBEC applied CFD airflow modeling to minimize dead zones or “dirty” areas.