SBEC designed the prototype for this school which was also used for the Bella Romero Elementary School and Ann K. Heiman Elementary School.
The project consisted of the design and construction of a single-story common area with a two-story classroom wing, library and media center, general offices and a gymnasium. The design utilized daylighting of classrooms, the media center and the atrium.
Some of the design features included:
- Dedicated rooftop DX cooling systems in computer rooms
- Kitchen with grease hood and grease interceptor
- Two-zone wet pipe fire sprinkler system
- Building automation system (BAS) with electronic controls with electric actuation – communicated with district head-end
- VAV at offices and core area
- Four-pipe hydronic cooling/heating system with cast iron boilers and air-cooled packaged chiller