This project consisted of two separate projects being designed concurrently. SBEC served as the prime consultant for both projects.
The project consisted of a complete gut remodel of the Engineering Addition 2nd Floor. The project provided separate demolition packages, including details for maintaining SCIF security separation.
The Engineering Addition (ENG ADD) Building was in need of infrastructure upgrades since it had reached or exceeded its useful life. Facilities systems in ENG ADD were inaccessible due to a tempest tank. The buildings were also not configured to support the new requirements for the Mission Development Lab (MDL) and the existing HVAC systems (specifically the chillers) could not support the new requirements.
First project in nation designed under the new ICD-705 Security Standard.
The scope of work for the Admin Building Chiller Plant consisted of an addition to the existing building for a New Chiller Plant. Specific scope of work included:
- Two (2) new 400 ton chillers, cooling towers, and all supporting components
- Variable speed chilled water pumping to serve the building
- Integration of the new chiller plant with the existing chiller plant in Mod E
- Design of additional chilled water distribution to serve mission critical loads on the 1st & 3rd floors of the admin building
- Connections for temporary chiller service
- New power service from existing substation
- Provisions for a future generator
- Construction cost opinions at 60% and 90%