SBEC is the mechanical and electrical Engineer of Record for this project, which consisted of the renovation of an existing manufacturing facility into a new private elementary school in Telluride, Colorado.
Centrally located in the Lawson Hill community between the Town of Telluride and Town of Mountain Village, the former Scott Fly Rod manufacturing plant underwent a $1.5 million renovation to ensure a spacious and inspiring learning environment for the entire Telluride Mountain School community.
Mechanical and electrical engineering design support for the project consisted of the following scope of work:
- Exposed mechanical and electrical systems, including ductwork
- Provisions for future expansion to the neighboring property
- Existing hydronic system renovated to serve new zone coils in the classroom wing
- Existing radiant floor heating zones retained
- Hydronic system renovated to improve radiant floor heating controls
- Existing manufacturing area fan system modified to provide classroom ventilation
- Office and pre-school areas served from fan coil units
- Dedicated exhaust fans provided for science classroom fume hood and art classroom exhaust